A family camping trip can be an amazing experience that you’ll remember for years. But, without a good tent, your outdoor adventure might turn into a cold, wet, and windy affair.
To ensure that your next family camping trip is fun and memorable, a quality tent is a must-have piece of gear. Since there are so many great 10 person tents on the market today, we’ve reviewed some of the top options. We’ve even compiled a list of some of the top tent-buying considerations to keep in mind as you shop.
10 Person Tent Buying Advice
With so many 10 person tent options available to you, finding the right model for your needs can be tricky. So, here are some things to consider when you’re shopping:
- Interior Space. The interior space of a tent is very important. A small, cramped tent can be uncomfortable for a large group, so you’ll certainly want a model that has plenty of room for the whole family. Removable room dividers can also help ensure that everyone gets the privacy they need.
- Gear Storage. A large family or group packs a lot of gear. So, having plenty of gear storage options in your tent is critical for staying organized.
- Weather-resistance. The main purpose of a tent is to protect you from the wind and the rain. Some tents are more waterproof than others, so this should be a key consideration as you decide which one is right for you.
- Ease Of Set Up. Unless you particularly like a challenge, having a tent that’s easy to set up will save you a lot of time when you first arrive at camp. If you generally struggle with pitching a tent, you can even get an “instant” model that can be set up in just a few minutes.
Simple, yet functional, the Core 10 Person Straight Cabin Tent is a solid all-around shelter for a family outdoor getaway.
The tent has a high 84 inch (2.1m) center height, which is tall enough to accommodate the majority of campers. It also has a large interior with plenty of space for everyone to stretch out and relax at the end of a long day of camping.
To ensure that everyone gets the privacy they need, the Cabin Tent also includes a removable divider, which can create two separate sleeping areas.
Additionally, the Cabin Tent has large windows and doors for adequate ventilation in the summer months. The Cabin Tant also has a suspended gear loft and multiple mesh pockets to ensure that you can keep your gear organized throughout your trip.
- Spacious interior with removable room divider
- Large doors and windows for plenty of ventilation
- High center height provides maximum comfort and livability
- Not fully waterproof
- Won’t hold up well in a storm with heavy winds
When it comes to getting a good night’s sleep, a quality tent, like the Ozark Trail Dark Rest Instant Cabin 10 is key.
This tent can be pitched in just 60 seconds thanks to its instant set up design. It also has multiple over-sized skylights with large interior ceiling panels that can be rolled back to allow natural light to flood in or for a good view of the stars.
Inside, the tent uses Ozark Trail’s “dark rest” technology, which blocks sunlight so it’s easier for you to sleep in, even on bright and sunny mornings.
The Instant Cabin has a removable room divider so you can create a separate living and sleeping space for added comfort. In addition to being able to fit 2 queen-sized airbeds, the Instant Cabin has a plethora of organizing pockets to help you keep all of your gear tidy while camping.
- Instant set up design takes only 60 seconds to pitch
- Dark rest technology makes it easier to sleep even on bright, sunny mornings
- Lots of interior space with plenty of gear storage
- Not fully waterproof
- Some durability concerns, especially with the roof canopy fabric
If you need a tent that can keep you dry, regardless of the conditions, the Coleman Weathermaster might be a great option.
This tent is made with a waterproof taffeta polyester fabric on the walls and ceiling for added weather resistance. Plus, the floor is made from a super-strong 1000D polyethylene fabric for ample durability in the harshest of conditions.
The Weathermaster has a single D-style door and one window for breathability on warm days.
It features an electrical access port which is great for charging your phones and devices at night while you sleep. Finally, the Weathermaster has a comfortable 80” center height for plenty of headroom as you walk around the tent.
- Very durable wall, floor, and ceiling fabrics
- Fully waterproof design
- High center height for comfort
- Not enough windows for ventilation
- Takes a while to set up
As far as interior space goes, the Ozark Trail Vacation Tent is hard to beat. This massive tent has 184 square feet (17 square meters) of livable space, so it has ample room for you to relax at night.
It also has a 78 inch (1.98m) center height, which means there’s plenty of space for nearly everyone to stand upright.
A unique feature of the Vacation Tent is that it has 3 rooms. This makes it a great option for large families that really value their privacy.
The tent has a mesh roof, which can provide good stargazing opportunities on a clear night. Additionally, it has a front awning for added shade on a sunny day, as well as 5 large mesh windows that provide exception ventilation.
- Very spacious interior with three room layout
- Mesh windows provide lots of ventilation
- Roof can be rolled back for added breathability or nighttime stargazing
- Not fully waterproof in a big storm
- Takes a long time to set up
The Coleman Instant Cabin is a modern take on a classic family tent design. It uses dark room technology to block up to 95% of sunlight, which makes it easier for you to sleep in late during your vacation.
This technology also reduces the temperature in the tent for a more comfortable camping experience, even on hot days.
The tent has a roomy interior that can easily accommodate up to 4 queen-sized air beds. It has a 79 inch (2m) center height for added comfort, as well as a removable room divider that provides plenty of privacy for everyone in your family.
If that wasn’t enough, the tent can be set up in just minutes thanks to its pre-attached pole design.
- Instant set-up design
- Very spacious interior has enough room for 4 air beds
- Dark room technology for a better night’s sleep and a cooler interior
- Canopy doesn’t provide waterproof protection to sides of the tent
- Fairly expensive
A quality tent is a must-have for any family camping adventure. But, when you camp with a large group of people, having a spacious 10 person tent with plenty of added features can ensure a more comfortable outdoor experience for everyone involved.
- 5 Best Marshmallow Roasting Sticks for Camping - October 26, 2020
- 5 Best Rooftop Cargo Carrier Bags For The Outdoors In 2020 - October 13, 2020
- Is It Good To Walk In The Morning On An Empty Stomach? - October 1, 2020