There’s truly nothing better than chowing down on s’mores around a roaring campfire during a camping trip with your marshmallow roasting stick in hand.
However, there are hundreds of different roasting forks out there, so choosing just one isn’t easy. We want you to be able to enjoy your next camping adventure, so we’ve created this list of the 5 best marshmallow roasting forks on the market today.
Benefits of Marshmallow Roasting Sticks
While it might seem easier to get a stick in the woods, there are a whole lot of advantages to using a roasting fork, instead. Here’s why:
- No Wood In Your Marshmallows. Anyone that’s ever used a stick that they picked up in the forest to roast marshmallows knows that this almost always results in wood bits in your marshmallow. We don’t know how you all feel about eating your marshmallows with a side of tree bark, but we’d prefer not to, if possible. With a roasting fork, you can wave bye-bye to bark-covered s’mores and hello to campfire dining perfection.
- Saves Time. If you pack your own purpose-built marshmallow stick, you no longer have to spend time searching for sticks in the woods. When you’re at a popular campground finding a quality roasting stick can be tricky, so bringing your own is a solid option.
- Great For Non-Forested Campgrounds. Finally, bringing your own roasting sticks makes it easier to make s’mores even if you’re camping in a non-forested area. Since natural roasting sticks are hard to come by in the desert or the alpine, bringing your own guarantees that you always have what you need.
A family-friendly option for anyone camping with kids, the MalloMe Marshmallow Roasting Smores Sticks come with everything you need around the campfire.
Featuring a set of five 32” telescoping sticks, this model is an ideal choice for younger children that want to roast marshmallows without getting too close to the flames. The sticks are made with a durable wood handle and non-toxic 18/8 stainless steel prongs for durability.
On each stick, you get a color-coded band, which makes it easier for everyone to identify their personal roasting fork. Plus, the forks each have 2 prongs to stop marshmallows from spinning or falling off as they melt.
The entire MalloMe Marshmallow Roasting Smores Sticks set also comes packed in a burly canvas travel pouch for easier transport to and from camp.
- Reasonably priced
- Color coded system for easy identification
- 2 pronged fork design prevents marshmallows from falling off
- Prongs aren’t quite long enough for sausages, just marshmallows
A unique twist on the classic roasting fork design, the Wolf’em Marshmallow Roasting Sticks are a fan-favorite for kids.
These sticks come in a set of 2, each of which features an easy to use spin handle. With this spin handle, you can quickly extend or retract the stick so you can roast a marshmallow or hotdog without getting too close to the flames.
One of the coolest parts about this model is its kid-friendly prongs design. The prongs on these sticks are actually rotated backward, making it harder for kids to accidentally hurt themselves in camp if they try to use them as a toy.
- Easy spin handle for a better roast
- Kid friendly design
- Strong enough for marshmallows and hotdogs, too
Designed with maximum convenience in mind, the KBA Marshmallow Roasting Sticks provide a simple way to make the most of your camping experience.
They feature molded grip handles for added comfort around the fire. The prongs on these forks are also extra long, allowing you to roast 2 large marshmallows at once.
Additionally, each stick in this 8 pack is telescopic, so it packs down small in transport. To make your marshmallow roasting process easier, the sticks also extend out to an impressive 45”. That way, you can stay far enough away from the fire to avoid flying embers while still getting that perfect roast.
- Extra long 45” design
- Wide prongs for use with larger marshmallows
- Each stick has comfort grip handles
- No integrated rotation system
If you’re not a fan of clean-up, the Grateful Glamper Bamboo Marshmallow Sticks are a sure bet.
These 100% bamboo sticks are simple and easy to use on any camping trip. As a result, they can be used for one night and then tossed in the fire as extra kindling without creating any extra mess or clean-up on your end.
Plus, they are 36” long and come in a pack of 110 to ensure that you have enough sticks to make a whole lot of s’mores. Oh, and the tips on these sticks are dulled, which makes them ideal for use around young kids.
- Large value pack of 110 sticks
- Dulled tips for safety
- 100% eco-friendly bamboo
- Not as strong as metal alternatives
Perhaps the most innovative option on our list, the S’more to Love Roasting Reel takes campfire cooking to the next level.
Boasting a durable stainless steel fork with 2 prongs, this stick securely holds either marshmallows or hotdogs for roasting. The stick can extend from 8” to 20” long, allowing you to sit further away from the fire.
The best aspect of this roasting fork, however, is its “roasting reel.” It has an ergonomic handle and a fishing reel-style reel spinner that allows you to effortlessly rotate the prongs of the fork for a better roast each time.
- Rotating prongs for a better roast
- Ergonomic handle
- Durable 2 prong design
- Only extends 20”
If you love having s’mores around the campfire, a marshmallow roasting stick is an essential part of your gear list. There are plenty of great options to choose from, regardless of your budget. So, it’s all about finding the right model for your needs.
- Tint Colors Explained For Polarized Sunglasses - November 19, 2022
- Top 4 Best Portable Camping Showers of 2022 - November 19, 2022
- How to Choose Water Shoes & What to Look For - November 18, 2022