Let’s face it: No one likes having cold feet. But, when you spend a lot of time outside in the winter months, frozen toes are just a part of life.
Or, are they? With the right pair of heated socks, you can wave goodbye to frost-nipped toes. However, with so many different brands of battery-powered socks out there today, it can be difficult to find the pair that’s right for you. Heated jackets are also becoming increasingly popular.
To get you started, here are our reviews of the five best heated socks. We even created a quick buyer’s guide to help you select the best pair for your needs.
XBUTY’s heated socks can create an outstanding 16 hours of heat, even on the coldest of days. These socks are built with two 4800mAh batteries that can provide warmth at three different heat settings up to 160ºF (71ºC).
Their integrated heating element is made using premium alloy heating wires instead of the traditional carbon fiber alternative. XBUTY opted for this upgraded heating system because it offers a smaller wire diameter, more uniform heating, and better temperature stability.
Additionally, these socks are made with a premium cotton blend that’s hand-stitched for quality and machine-washable for added convenience. They even have an ergonomic design and a terry-style cuff to trap in heat.
- Impressive 16 hours of warmth
- Hand-stiched cotton fabric
- Premium quality wires improve comfort and reduce weight
- Must be kept dry when in use
The Global Vasion Heated Socks use rechargeable 3.7V lithium-ion batteries to produce lasting heat for all-day use on cold days. They can be used at three different temperature levels so you can customize them to your warmth needs.
These socks are made with a breathable and cozy cotton fabric that feels comfortable against the skin. Also, they have padded and reinforced heels and toes for long-term durability and extra insulation.
Plus, unlike some other heated socks, this model from Global Vasion places the heated area right on top of the foot. This removes the need to have wires directly under your foot, which can be uncomfortable as you walk and makes these socks great for hiking, skiing, and other outdoor activities.
- Extra padding and insulation around toes and heels
- Strategically-placed heating element for comfort
- Three different heating levels
- Not machine washable
- 100% cotton fabric gets cold while wet
Snow Deer’s Heated Socks are made from a cotton/polyester/elastane blend that provides next-to-skin comfort throughout a hiking day. These socks use 7.4V rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that take just 3-4 hours to charge, so they’re great for regular use.
The Snow Deer Heated Socks provide up to 6 hours of heat at three different temperature levels. It’s also very easy to change the temperature of these socks using the small switch located near the cuff for quick adjustments on-the-go.
These socks use infrared fiber heating elements that can keep feet toasty on cold days. Plus, the heating elements on these socks wrap fully around the toe to minimize the likelihood of frozen feet during frigid winter days.
- Heating element wraps all around the toes
- Easy to adjust temperature settings
- Quick to charge
- Relatively short battery life
Built using infrared carbon heating elements that wrap around the toes and instep, these socks are a great option for particularly cold days. They come with two 7.4V lithium-ion batteries that can be fully recharged in just 3-4 hours.
The socks offer three different temperature modes that can be adjusted with the push of a button. At the lowest setting, they can provide up to 8 hours of warmth during a frigid winter adventure.
The Sun Will Heated Socks feature a cotton/polyester/elastane blend material that is cozy against the skin. Oh, and they even have a very secure zippered pouch for the battery near the cuff, which helps to prevent any damage of the socks as you hike or ski.
- High powered battery can be charged quickly
- Heating element wraps around toes and instep
- Zippered battery pouch prevents damage
Rabbitroom’s Heated Socks are specifically designed with active women in mind. These socks feature a women’s-specific cut with a thick cotton/polyester fabric that is soft, comfortable, and breathable.
They use a 3.7V rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can create heat at three different temperature settings, up to 125ºF (51ºC). The batteries in these socks can provide up to 6.5 hours of warmth on the lowest settings, so they’re ideal for a long day outdoors.
What sets these socks apart from the competition, however, is that they are water-resistant. So, while many other heated socks absorb moisture, these keep rain and snow away from your feet for added warmth and comfort even in foul weather.
- Water-resistant fabric
- Recharges quickly
- Women’s-specific design
- Not machine washable
- Only heats to 125ºF (51ºC)
When buying a pair of heated socks, it’s important that you know what to look for. Here are some of the key features to keep in mind as you shop:
- Battery Life. Heated socks don’t work without their batteries. So, a pair with a long battery life is ideal for anyone that likes to spend all day outside during the winter months.
- Charging Time. The charging time on a set of batteries can vary from just a couple of hours to an entire night. Therefore, if you plan to wear your heated socks every day for work or recreation, a pair with quick-charging batteries is of the utmost importance.
- Temperature Levels. Most heated socks will have multiple temperature levels. This is great for customizing the warmth of your socks to best meet the needs of the conditions without overheating your feet as you hike.
- Machine Washable. Unfortunately, the majority of heated socks are not machine washable. So, you should be prepared to hand-wash your socks after you use them. Alternatively, you can wear a thin pair of liner socks under your heated socks and machine wash those instead.
A good pair of heated socks can be the difference between a miserable hike with frozen toes and a great day in the outdoors. So, be sure to select a pair with a long battery life and quality heating elements for maximum comfort on all of your future adventures.
- 5 Best Marshmallow Roasting Sticks for Camping - October 26, 2020
- 5 Best Rooftop Cargo Carrier Bags For The Outdoors In 2020 - October 13, 2020
- Is It Good To Walk In The Morning On An Empty Stomach? - October 1, 2020